Thursday, May 12, 2011

Random Things I've Smelled Lately

My laundry detergent smells like my dog shampoo--which simultaneously grosses me out and makes me miss my dogs.

I'm debating calling the number on the back to see if they'll give me a refund (I've only used it for one load), but I just called the company yesterday to replace a swiffer sweeper that broke before I could use it. I don't want them putting me on some sort of black list ;D.

I threw away some dirty dishrags that could NOT get clean. I don't think I need to explain the smell. But first, I used them to clean up the drain in front of the washing machine. THAT smell is a little more unique. Something is stuck down there, so every time I do the wash, it backs up and this black, chunky gunk comes up with it. It smells like something inbetween perm chemicals and a poopy diaper. I check my kid's almost every time the smell hits.

Went to the dentist yesterday to fill cavities. If there ever was a time to have a stuffy nose . . . Well, the smell of disintegrated tooth more or less made me choke, but I couldn't cough because I'd be coughing directly in their faces. Ah, good times.

We've never been much of a perfumy family, but after so many trips to Rite-Aid, I have quite a few room fresheners. I started using one in the kitchen after the kids cooked all of the grease and meat out of a few hot dogs in the microwave. Unfortunately, Robert now associates the smell of the freshener with the smell of the obliterated hot dogs. I think it smells a little like men's cologne--which is kind of weird for a kitchen scent, but I like it well enough. I plug it into the wall when Robert's not home to help cover the smell of the laundry and yesterday's cooking.

Robert's been gone on a different rotation--a MUCH busier rotation. So, I have to actually cook dinner every night (Robert's awesome and cooks and cleans and all that--with a few limitations). I've discovered that I like cooking mostly for the smell--if my food tasted as good as it smells . . . oh, heaven. However, the smell of beans cooking in the slow cooker never was my favorite, but paired with men's cologne air freshener. Well, it pretty much turns my kitchen into a frat house--especially if I'm washing a dog down in the basement at the same time.

1 comment:

MandBfamerly said...

You make me laugh! I really wish you guys lived closer.