Thursday, July 9, 2009

No Rest for the Wicked

I honestly feel evil today. I'm not really any meaner, or louder, or dirtier, or anything like that--I'm just super lazy. I would probably commit any number of terrible atrocities if I thought they would be an end to the means--the end being a nap--or even a chance to sit down with my eyes closed for an extended period of time.

I rather dislike Thursdays. They let me know how much I depend on Robert--especially now. That man does pretty much everything but breathe for me. Alas, he 'forgot' to make me and the kids dinner ;-}. Guess I'll make pizza again tonight--or maybe spaghetti--or maybe just some cheese sticks and some apple juice.

Then again, watching Robert work makes me feel even more tired. What has he done since we've been home? (not counting taking care of the kids almost all day)

Unpacked from our trip all by himself--unless you count the three or four trips I took (we even brought a U-haul back--I told him to call someone to help, but he had it done before I could find the ward list).

Finished framing the basement except for the last wall (we need it open so we can get the tub in more easily).

Started the electrical and drywall.

Painted the new storage room floor and wall, and Moved most of the food onto the fancy new shelves from his parents.

Put in a door.

Started prepping the three bedrooms upstairs for carpeting--including shopping around for the best deal, getting my approval (no easy task), removing furniture, handling the estimate guy, and soon he'll tear up the carpets and put up the tack strips around the edges of the room and we'll (err. . . umm. . . he'll mostly) paint two of the rooms. We'll have about one day (maybe two) to put all of the furniture back before my parents come--two days before the baby--his response--'that's plenty of time.' I believe him, too. He's that crazy. He wants to get it all done before school starts again.

Later this summer he hopes to: put in a driveway, cut out two of the windows in the basement for a new guest bedroom and replace all of the others, install a tub and sink in the basement bathroom, drywall all of the walls, mud and texturize and paint the walls, install the internet downstairs, build counters in the laundry room, build a playroom under the stairs, and probably a bunch of other stuff I'm forgetting.

We had planned on a carport and a backyard fence, but I think he cut those out. Let's not loose our minds, now :D.

Oh, Oh, and I should mention--at his parents a router chewed up the top of his finger--he had 8 stitches--he's been working with that!

What have I done since we've gotten back? It seems like there should have been something. I did some nice couponing--two trips (I dropped off Robert and the kids at a park for the duration). I went to a birthday party (couldn't handle both kids, so I left Nana at home--with Robert). I put up a bulletin board (although Robert helped). I loaded the dishwasher once and unloaded it twice. I made a pizza, spaghetti, taco soup, another pizza, cheese sticks, yogurt, pudding cups, and leftovers for dinners (I also made Nana a PB&J once--but Robert's mostly done lunches). Ummmm. . . I push play on Nana's movies (when Robert doesn't). I gave the kids a bath a few times (Robert would have, but his finger. . . he still did a couple times). I did a few loads of laundry (they aren't folded yet). Well. . . you get the idea. I feel horribly lazy, and horribly bad about it, because Robert has done SO much (and a lot of it was with Eenie and Nana underfoot--Eenie is cute with a hammer). I didn't even talk about all the car stuff he's done, or the shopping, or the meetings he's had. . . Ugh, I'm going to go clean something so I don't feel as evil.

5 comments:

Katherine said...

Wow. So still no baby? I guess I read "full term" on the previous post as "due date". Good luck!

Alice said...

Oh, no. . . I probably should have been more clear. The 37 weeks type full term :D. My Due date is the 20th, but I'll be induced the 17th to make sure my parents are here to help.

Tarmy said...

Husbands are so wonderful! Just enjoy it. It so draining to be that pregnant...

MandBfamerly said...

you poor girl, Dont feel to bad you are really prego and Robert is a great guy! if he is like Bri he is most of the time happy to be able to help while he can.
I hope all your at home projects go great. sounds like you are all really busy.
I also hope all goes well with the delivery!!
I wish I could do something to help.

editor said...

Honey, you've been making a baby for the past nine months.