Sunday, October 26, 2008

Procrastinating Blogging Anything Useful

I guess I forgot that the holidays get busy. I keep planning on doing all of these fun things (as well as all of the not-so-fun things), but less than half of them seem to get done. One cool thing I've been able to do was "doctor up" (I'm not feeling bitter or anything that Robert is well on his way to getting a D.O. and I don't even have a B.A.) some old family photos. If they ever had copyrights, they expired around 10 to 50 years ago. I wanted to print them out, but Wal-Mart wouldn't let me. THEY AREN'T COPYRIGHTED ANYMORE! (Excuse me... I'm venting.) I wanted to print them out to put up for Halloween--since old picture kind of look creepy. Anyways, our camera broke :P, so these pics will have to work until I can get some more of the kids (at least after I catch up, but I don't wanna do that now). Well... here are the ones I have that Wal-Mart wouldn't print (*Shaking fist and searching for copyright law). And I promise to put up pics of the kids soon... errrmmm... relatively soon.


My Grandma Alice Edna Horrocks. Age 19... Pic taken 1926.

Grandpa Harvey Clark Gardner

Aunts Vontella, Verla, Ilene, Uncles Eldon, Larry (Dad wasn't born yet).

Same people--different picture.

My cute dad. (His picture was ruined, but I fixed his face and the backdrop. Yay for photoshop!)

Grandma and Grandpa Gardner (He died right after my parents married--never met him)

Some people I should know on my Mom's side.


Some more of Mom's fam that I SHOULD know.

One of the boys is Mom's Grandpa.

The cute girl in the middle is my Mom's Mom.

P.S. I'm working on my Mom's side--I WILL know who these people are soon. AND... I'll be taking some of them to the temple with me in November....(*insert utter excitement here!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey ali that was an exciting BLOG! Some of thos picture I didn't remember seeing...most of them I do though...I agree for some reason we dont' know mom's side as well....Probably because they died before we met them. well sounds like you have exciting things going on!

Anonymous said...

Awesome old pictures. Try Walgreens, CVS, etc. Also, I need to learn some Photoshop skills from you!

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures. I love old photos. But I'm with you - they are a little creepy and make great Halloween decorations. But there's just something so cool about them.

Anonymous said...

I love the pics AliMae! I love pics like that!

Anonymous said...

those really are cool pictures. I should try to get some of my family.