Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Spreading the chocolate around

If you haven't voted today... DO IT!
I'm so nervous about the vote. I'm more worried about Prop 8 in CA.
But I'm really just all around worried.
(It's okay, though, because Joanna's wealthy stock of Halloween candy was recently redistributed to her poor, almost candy-less mother. So I'm able to drown my pessimistic thoughts in chocolate :).

I have a prayer that the people elected today will respect their duties and their God.
I hope that they will find support of the people in all of their righteous endeavors.
I also pray that they will surround themselves with people that do the same.
God Bless America.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY well stated. I am concerned with where our Country is heading as well. And even more worried now that the tallies are coming in. I will join you my sweet friend in your prayers....oddly enough because I hate politics....but never in a million years would I think our temples would be surrounded by protesters, so they could feel good about supporting another man shackin' up with another man. This society really is going exactly where the Church is saying its going. Kind of scary there too. All those crazy stories in the scriptures don't sound all that far fetched in comparison, do they?

May our Leaders keep us safe, and guide us in the right(eous) direction...

Anonymous said...

amen sister.

Anonymous said...

ryan & i were just talking about that ... as long as we are doing what we should, we are told we don't need to fear. but i still want more food storage, lol.

Anonymous said...

YAY! ALI prop 8 passes 52 to 48 a little too close for me but still! IT passed! YAY! I was so nerveous too, I wish I had jonna's sweet stash of chocolate...although it is probably depliting fast!

Anonymous said...

Ouch, Becky, so brutally accusatory! (Okay, you're right--all of the chocolate IS gone). *shame.