Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Feeling Blah. . .

I have so much to do. Seriously. I love the holidays. . . when Mom's (as in Mrs. Gardner's) in charge. I haven't even gotten gifts together yet. I can't even find room for that on my to-do list! Oh well--Robert only needs two dinky gifts, right (although I'm not sure one is coming). One will be from me and the other from the kids. I got each of the kids a 5 dollar toy, too. . . so they have something. Maybe I could make them share both and one could be from their parents, and the other from Santa. They're too little to really know that other kids probably get more than one gift, right? Totally. And we can introduce stockings (and stocking stuffers) another year. . . lol. No, I probably should do that one. I wonder if I have enough newspaper to wrap their gifts in :D. Oh yeah, and my parents are coming--I wonder if they'd like giftcards?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We save all year a little each month for Christmas & it makes a HUGE difference. The kids will love it all no matter what, just make it fun & make lots & lots of cookies! :)

Anonymous said...

I use old maps that my grandma left behind when she died to wrap my presents. Let me know if you would like some.

Anonymous said...

I feel like gifts are often overrated. Good for you for not going too crazy with gift-giving. I think stockings are a must just because they are so fun and new for kids. They've already seen wrapped gifts for their birthdays, right? But goodies in a sock is just new.

I used the free book coupon you sent along to make a "thank you" book for my parents for Christmas. It is awesome. If you do something thoughtful, I'm sure your parents will like it more than just a gift card. Even if you just give a card saying why you love them.

Anonymous said...

More and more, as the years go on, I've leaned more towards MAKING the gift...instead of buying it. It means more to both parties, and it leans more on the effort side, than the money side (ussually). I always enjoy more when I get something hand made too. I also shop all year-round. I keep a big rubber plastic Tote and I just keep stashing. When I find something I know someone would like and its a great deal, i just put it in there, and then come Dec...I have all kinds of fun things to give away. AND there isn't any hardhit finacial issues. REmember too, what is Christmas AliMae? Just hit that home...we need to dwell on that more too....i think every family does.

I have a TON Of wrapping paper too...I'd be willing to share...lol, and Paul would LOVE it if it were used up... (I might have a lot...umm....I love after Cmas sales...and it shows sometimes)..so, seriously, we could just have a Gift Wrapping party.....wrapping on me! ;-) Call me

Anonymous said...

Yeah mom does a good job getting everything togehter.....you will do great too....I can see the stress with so many people coming over, but at the same time i was under the impression that for christmas we get to be your slaves.....aka "elves." Sandi wants to go caroling and we are coming up with a wicked dance so if you know anyone let us know!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.... Slaves... I mean "elves" sound good. Maybe I'll just wait to decorate the tree until you guys come, Becky...lol.