Wednesday, June 9, 2010

5 years and counting


Tomorrow is our 5th wedding anniversary. I remember sitting at a cousin's baby shower (which also happened to be her sister's bridal shower) having an awesome time chatting it up with a few of my sis-in-laws. It was almost Machel's 5th anniversary, and she was telling us some of the neat things she had planned--and 5 years seemed so far away. I think that was 2 1/2 years ago? Gee, time flies. And besides this post, and maybe a card later, I have nothing planned.

I had assumed that this would be our most amazing anniversary yet. Diamond ring type anniversary, with flowers, and dessert and a really nice (definitely steamy) date night. I'm still pretty sure that it'll be awesome, but the ring turned into a car and extra seats for the yukon, and it's possible that I won't even do my hair or put on makeup--let alone have much steam to work with. But we'll see. It's so nice to just be around Robert. He makes me happy. I love him a lot. And while our anniversaries are usually a little bittersweet, because they bring back a flood of horrible memories along with all of the good, I'm so glad we've made it 5 years!!!

No comments: