Saturday, December 20, 2008

My Dreamy Husband--and a Nightmare

Robert is amazing. He does so much for me. I ask him to do a lot, too :D. He wakes up with kids, he takes out the garbage (I think I've only done it 3 or 4 times since living here), he does the dishes, he makes me dinner, he pays for things I buy, he does it all--and then some! His family is cool too. They just left this morning. I miss them so bad already. Grandma Johnson is unbelievable. She watched the kids while everyone else went shopping and out to eat and I went to the doctor's. She took such good care of us and the kids while she was here. I feel like I take advantage of her. I definitely appreciate her, though. I also forgot how fun it is to talk to Julia. She likes so many of the same things that I do. They had to leave too soon. Grandpa was fun too. I love how Enoch always wanted to be held by Grandma and Grandpa--I hope we can see them again soon. I'm way excited for my family to come. I hope we can have just as much fun as we did with Robert's side.

So. . . what about the nightmare? . . . well, I went to the doctor with Robert (like I said, Grandma watched the kids, so we got to go together. It was the closest thing to a date that we've had in a long time, and it was awesome). I love my midwife. She is terrific. There's only one thing wrong with her. . . she put my due date at July 20th! It was supposed to be June 19th, people! LOL. I guess I can look past this little flaw and respect her competency as my physician, but I'm going to struggle a little bit. :D

(History lesson for those of you who do not follow this blog as closely as I probably follow yours--I'm in the process of weaning Enoch, so I wasn't sure exactly when this new baby was conceived, but I was sure I would prefer a baby in June opposed to the sultry summer days of July [which are actually anything but, when you're the size of a half grown beluga in the beginning of winter and nearly as white--of course I'm only allowed to gain like 5 pounds--so maybe I'll be okay :P ].)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What would we do without our husbands? I know mine does way more than I deserve too!

Congrats on having a date... sorry it was later then you thought. :(

Anonymous said...

That is really too bad. My birthday is June 19th.

I really like my husband too.

Anonymous said...

I love good hubbies!!

And June...July, you know..summer time....hang in there girlie! ;-)

Anonymous said...

So are you delivering at home, or does your hospital have midwifing rooms? I'd love to know how it works for you, aside from the flawed due date ;) I think I'd prefer a midwife myself when the time comes.

Anonymous said...

Ali Mae I am excited for you! At least in Erie the summers are nearly as hot, just humid!

Anonymous said...

Didn't we marry into the best family. Robert and Brian those two are great.
I guess this due date means you probably wont be coming to Utah? ;(
I guess at least you know when it will be here.
Miss you guys

Anonymous said...

Hey, not to ruffle Cicely's feathers, but I think July 20th is a far better date. It sucks that you have a whole extra month to wait, but my birthday is July 20th and I have always loved it. Even when I was ashamed of my own name, I have never been upset/frustrated/sad about my July birthday. You are making the sacrifice that will bring great joy to your child.