Saturday, December 13, 2008

Wits End. . .

You know that time, right between Thanksgiving break and finals--more towards the finals part than the Thanksgiving break--that you realize crunch time has passed and you're moving right into judgement day. You seem to recall things like, 'Oh yeah, I was supposed to do that between the turkey and Muppet's Christmas Carol.' Well, people, I'm there.

That was a nice first trimester--technically I'm still in it for a few more days--or a month, depending on who's counting. . . lol.

I slept through the "rationally busy, yet prepared" stage, and I napped through most of the "frantically losing my mind in Christmas decorating and house cleaning". . . now I am smack dab in the middle of "The Savior slept in a manger that first Christmas, right?" also known as "what can I get by without doing--does my family really need clean sheets?"

I've been trying to clean my room since the week before Thanksgiving. Our washing machine broke 3 days ago. (Maybe a blessing in disguse, seeing that the poor old-timer must've lived through its lifetime warrantee 3 or 4 times--no joke). Robert and I can't decide on how to do the bathroom, or find the time to do it. His parents are coming in on Wed. My parents will be here 2-3 days after they leave. We planned a bunch of remodeling projects for over Thanksgiving break and accomplished none of them, but started a few of them.

Accomplishment for the day: excluding a present for my parents, and either Becky or Sandi (depending on whom I choose to give what to), I am FINISHED Christmas shopping. (*I know that you're all applauding, and I can hear it loud and clear). Thank you, Thank you. There's something to be said for online shopping :D.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Woman!:::applause::: Cmas is a tough time for the Mommy's I think...because we do it all....we cook (usually for multiple and extra people at the dinner table), we clean (in preparation for the people we are feeding...in hopes they don't see the messes we create), we child tend (our whining children while dragging them through the store Cmas shopping)...its tough on us. My big thing is trying to get the packages off in the mail.

Good luck...hey, if you want to have a wrapping party get together..I have turned my guest room into wrapping central....if you'd like to take advantage.

Call me eh?..our phone is finally working.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice comment. Way to go on Christmas shopping! Don't worry about being behind with all the other stuff... every day is a new day :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear pregnant friend,

Reading that post made me so tired. I think I'll try going back to bed.

If I ever talk about getting pregnant again, remind me to rethink.

Good luck. I would love to help in anyway.

Anonymous said...

my you are wonder woman. You know you didn't miss to much while you were sleeping, just lots of snow. If you would like the help, I would love to come over tommorow to help you prepare for the inlaws. Just let me know. I don't even have kids and I know how stressful it is to get the house ready for inlaws, specially when you know they are ultra clean people.

Anonymous said...

I've actually gone on strike from Christmas presents because I don't have the time to worry about it, so I am uber-impressed that you got it done! As for everything else, who says Christmas needs to be done on society's terms? It seems like the pressure builds with the onslaught of reminders that D-day is fast approaching, but guess what? If you say Christmas is Friday (or Saturday, or Sunday, or sometime in February like me) instead of on Thursday, then which of your little ones is going to know the difference?

Anonymous said...

Ali Mae! How come you did not let me know you had a blog sooner!!!! I'm really excited to have a way to know how you and your family are doing because I hate the talking on the phone too. Must be a Gemini thing.

Keep working at your photography. It gets better. I promise. I just do a lot of messing around. I don't have much of an idea of what I am doing. We can definitely help each other!

Love and miss you!

Anonymous said...

ali mae - i am glad that i found your blog! you are so funny - i loved reading it! congrats on the upcoming baby :) i miss you! p.s. online shopping is the best - seriously :)