Saturday, April 11, 2009

Can You Tell What We Spent Our Tax Return On?

Okay, not ALL of our tax return--most of that is going to more responsible things. . . like paying off the student loans. But Robert's and my birthdays are right around the corner. . . so we HAD to get something fun, right? Okay, not right. . . but I'm going to keep telling myself that :D.


a) food
b) a cute baby
c) fingernail polish
d) Canon XSi DSLR camera that took all of these pictures
e) Hint: it's "d"
I feel a little guilty. . . DSLR cameras run about 1K dollars (of course ours wasn't nearly that bad--I love ebay--we got a great deal [about 200 less than retail] and a lot of bonuses, like an extra battery and a 16 GB memory card!) I'm not used to spending money (*stop laughing, Robert), so it took us a long time to decide whether or not we should buy a new camera when Robert's broke last year (in fact, Robert told me I could get one for Christmas, but I didn't think we could afford it then). We thought a 60 dollar point and shoot would be enough. It wasn't. I HATE taking pictures with that thing. It works in a pinch--but it's not much fun. Taking pictures and digi scrapping is what I DO (one day I would LOVE to be a photographer--I still have a lot to learn, though--I'm no Suzi). . . it was miserable to be without Robert's camera. We missed so much. There are almost no pictures of the kids during the months we only had our point and shoot. I am so happy now. (It's kind of scary--I didn't realize how materialistic I was :D. . . j/k). Don't you love how it takes pictures? I've taken a picture of every meal I've made since we've got it. It's so much fun that I've been cooking prettier foods so that I have a new subject to take a picture of. . . I LOVE THIS CAMERA! I can't wait to learn more about it!!!
And now you know just how greedy I can be. . . okay, actually not. Robert keeps it in check a lot :D.

4 comments:

Kira said...

ohhhh i am so jealous! i have wanted the rebel since 2005 ... maybe next year ...

Alice said...

I know, Kira--you're the one who told me about it in the first place :D (of course that was just a year ago.) Hope you can get yours soon.

Brittney said...

Congrats on the camera!! I like taking pictures too, but don't know much about it. Glad it makes you so happy. I'm sure you don't spend much money on yourself, so enjoy it. You look great in your pregnancy photo at the top of the page.

Levi and Suzi said...

Congrats on your new camera!! One thing you have to remember, though is that the camera can't take a picture without you. So when you get a good picture, don't let the camera take all the credit!:) Have FUN! OH, and thanks for the shout out, but I still have A LOT to learn too!