Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Am Stinkin' Mad--and It's Making Me Dizzy

So far my pregnancy has been pretty awesome. I wasn't super morning sick--Robert knows how to ease some of the back pain (although my pelvis has pretty much split in two, and he can't put that back together). I've done better with my weight gain (although technically I should have gained about 3 pounds less--ppphhhht). And I've completely accepted the fact that I waddle, and sometimes I don't look pregnant--just fat. After the first two, I get it. I've even embraced the carpel tunnel (I got that with Enoch--and it's slowly coming back full force--seriously, worst pain ever [yes, it can be comparable to labor--it just doesn't last as long]).

So. . . I was feeling pretty well off. . . WAS. . . This morning one of my biggest pregnancy fears came true. My glucose test came back "slightly elevated" (4 points out of the good range) and they want me to come in for another one. Ugh. My family has diabetes, I have some of the "susceptible" signs, and obviously my optimal BMI and I aren't best friends--in fact, we stay as far away from each other as possible. I started getting extra dizzy a few days ago--I almost called Robert at school to let him know I might faint--so I kind of figured the glucose test might not go well. At least the baby's probably okay. I just want to be able to drink as much orange juice as I want without getting dizzy--and I'm already a fainter.

Okay, Complain, Complain, Complain. . . I was bound to get diabetes some day--might as well be now. I'm not even sure I have it yet. I shouldn't freak out right now. I'll freak out Monday--I'll probably know by then.

4 comments:

Katherine said...

2 things- I think gestational diabetes is common and goes away after pregnancy. 2nd, your picture looks so cute!!!

Alice said...

Thanks. . . I think you're right, but it puts you at higher risk for other pregnancies and then regular diabetes later on, and I am already high risk for that.

Cicely said...

Think good thoughts. We will be praying for you.

MandBfamerly said...

Oh ali, I'm sorry Maybe the next test will go better! Keep up the good work you look GREAT!! :)