Thursday, April 16, 2009

Nana's Birthday Party



Yummy cupcakes: I didn't want to buy a grass tip--so I just cut a hole in the end of a ziplock, zipped it up, and squeezed out little grass spikes.



Proof that I made the cupcakes from scratch: I didn't like the recipe as well as the German Chocolate Cake in the Joy of Cooking book, but they were similar, and I was out of sour cream anyway.
Daddy made Nana a bundt cake: we wanted to make sure we had enough. (We had PLENTY--it was a busy weekend for a lot of Nana's friends)


We also dyed some eggs at the party before the egg hunt.











Enoch went through a small identity crisis during the party. He dyed himself orange, took off his soiled clothes, and then tried to hide outside like one of the Easter eggs.
We had a lot of fun with all of our friends that were able to make it during the holiday weekend. I think the kids did too.

4 comments:

em said...

it was fun. thanks for inviting us. I think your camera is taking great pics.

Andy and Micah said...

So sad we missed it. It looks like she had a great b-day party.

Cicely said...

Love that chocolate photo. And those cupcakes were super adorable.

Miles still talks about JoNana's Eastew Egg Hunt.

We had fun! Thanks!!!

Louise said...

Love your new camera and you did a great job on the cupcakes!