Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fantasy

I've noticed that a lot of my posts are pretty depressing lately. (Seriously, go to some of my first posts--I don't even sound like the same person!--Sad, really.) I'm not incredibly sure how to get my old self back right now, so I'm gonna fake it. . .

Sometimes when I had a hard day when I was a teen I would write out better scenarios for myself in my journal--and sometimes they would sorta come true (for example--I wrote one about marrying Robert). Here's hoping this one comes true. . .

*My goodness, it's taking me a long time to come up with one--ummmm, okay, here goes*

Nana is potty trained. Enoch is done teething. We're on our way to Utah to drop the kids off at Grandma's for a week. While we're gone, the bedroom carpets and kitchen floor are being replaced. . . we shouldn't smell too much glue by the time we get back.

After spending a day with the family and getting some quality family pictures (our first professional ones EVER [unless you count homecoming, and my sister-in-law that did a great job on our wedding day--but those are just of Robert and me], Robert and I head off to Disneyland (obviously I'm not pregnant--and I can definitely fit into my jeans again). We spend all day riding all the rides, park hopping, trying out a bunch of the fun places to eat, and holding hands in line. And in the Haunted mansion (I do NOT look up in the first room--that part is just too much for me) we get to sit close to eachother. The ride also gets stuck in front of the singing busts for a minute, and we get to see the whole thing (I love those guys). We get great pictures of us on the roller coaster and with Pluto and Mickey and Goofy (I have a great camera). It's just a lot of fun. We stay for the fireworks, and reluctantly go home.
At night we watch some of our favorite Disney movies that we can't with the kids (like Pirates, and Narnia). Our hotel is amazing. It's really high and the view of the park is utterly breathtaking. Robert surprizes me with two chocolate truffles (the same kind we had on our honeymoon), and a bouquet of white roses. Then I drift off to sleep in the clean white linens so I'll be rested for the next day.
We head over to Universal Studios--take the tour and go on all of the classic rides. We eat at Hard Rock Cafe (Robert's never been--I think). Another day we go to the beach. (Apparently, I've found a swimsuit by then.)
Then we fly off to NYC. We see a Broadway play. We go to the top of the Empire State Building. We go shopping in ridiculously expensive boutiques, and we even try on rings at Christie's and Tiffany's and maybe some other places (of course, they all cost more than 30$, so no diamond for me. . . yet). I finally get to see if Grimauldi's Pizza lives up to it's reputation, and take a tour of the Statue of Liberty. We fill the day with all sorts of fun things, and get to talk to eachother all day. We fly home--Grandma and Grandpa are coming for a visit--so they bring the kids in a few days (not that I would EVER actually ask them to do that! lol). We get some time to work on a few things at home (I finish my independent study classes!) And. . . we're refreshed and ready to take on anything. . . almost.

Okay, now that I've wasted Enoch's naptime daydreaming. . . I should probably get some work done.

6 comments:

editor said...

Last week at work one of the women in my lab started planning her next family vacation. Destination: Disney. She couldn't make up her mind about Disneyland vs. Disneyworld. So all of us in the lab tried to help her out. Interestingly, someone said that they read an article where a family of four went to either Disneyland or Disneyworld for four day and three nights for $500. But yeah, the Disney day dreaming can become very addictive. I nearly ordered a free DVD off their website so that I could plan my vacation--not that I'll be going to Disney any time even remotely soon (Jason can't stand it...maybe he'll change his mind when our little girl starts asking).

MandBfamerly said...

Look at your imagination. You should write books or something I really love to read your blog! BTW can we tag along in your fairytale I promise you wont even know we are there:)
Oh I wish you were all coming to Utah for real=(

Brittney said...

Wow, that is so fun to read! You are creative! It almost makes you feel better just writing about it, doesn't it?

jolyne77 said...

Can we join you? ;-) Sounds delightful!!!

Havalah Turner | Sisters, What! said...

don't give up, there's hope of a better life in disneyland. The harry Potter part of universal studios in Florida opens next year and I really really want to go. Maybe if we think hard enough it will eventually happen. After all our husbands we get a decent salary so just maybe it really will happen...

Alice said...

Yes, I'm inviting everyone--but the chocolates are all mine!