Tuesday, March 10, 2009

CPCC

Cuddle Prevention Committee Chairperson

Robert has given me a new title. Poor guy. When I'm pregnant I can't stand people touching me. It used to make me really sick--now I just altogether avoid it. Occasionally, I'll hold my babies on my lap or give them a hug--but any long-term closeness (*shudder). Maybe it's my ever-growing, uncomfortable body--or maybe it's my heightened sense of smell (when I'm pregnant Joanna and Robert kinda smell weird--at least Enoch doesn't). . . I'm not sure.

I feel bad for Robert. He has to gargle with mouthwash for a good 30 seconds, then make sure his lips are completely dry before I can let him peck me on the mouth goodnight. Very annoying. And he pretty much sleeps on the very edge of his side of the bed--because there is a strict no-touching policy (I am SO warm at night). I'm pretty sure one night I'll sneeze in his direction and blow him right onto the floor.

Well. . . I'm like 21 1/2 weeks along. We're over half way there. It will be better soon. Hang in there, Sweetie.

7 comments:

Brittney said...

hahaha.. that's hilarious. Good thing your hubby loves you so much.

Robert Johnson said...

Don't worry hun..you're worth it. Gargling with mouthwash is good for my teeth anyways.
Love, Hubs

Cicely said...

I think every pregnant person feels like that at least once.

Julie said...

That is so sad and funny at the same time. But it is true, all pregnant woman goes through it. I guess it is a good thing pregnancy only lasts 9 months!

jolyne77 said...

No Doubt Julie!!
Cic...I think you're right.

I was a total heater too...I mean, out heating Paul...which is quite impressive. And we're a touch feely kinda group....but there was NO cuddlin'...I get ya...its just to freekin' hot!! Yeah, and there were times I didn't want to be touched either....its almost like hypersensitivity, isn't it?

Anyway, hang in there, eh? We all love you and are pullin' for ya!

OH and YOU had BETTER call me when you find out what sex this little baby is! When is the apt?? its soon, in a few days, isnt it?

Alesha said...

Oh you make me feel better. I am the same way and feel SO rude. I smell EVERYTHING and have a hard time not voicing it! At least we have an end in sight!

MandBfamerly said...

poor Robert. But hey, he put you in this situation right.
When do you find out what your having?