Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Love Affair with Jazz

A-a-a-awhhhh. . . jazz. Forget whatever I said in my profile. . . there is no music but jazz. The honeyed tones accompanied by solos on romantic instruments, the excitement you can feel building in your toes all the way out to your arms. It gives me tingles in all the right places--more than tingles, actually, the fervor of it crawls all over my body. It's like all of those cliche occurences--maybe a first kiss--(although I never had a 1st kiss that wasn't staged--maybe like the 20th kiss?)--the way you feel when the man you love is down on his knee, and you know this time it's the real thing--no, I know, the way you feel reading Twilight. This is the music I can sing my heart out to. . . the stuff where I absolutely must get up and dance! Throw my arms up in the air! Puckishly run my fingers through my hair, and ignore the strange looks from the cat. Honestly, how can you not seductively sway your shoulders at least a little to "Girl from Ipanema?" "Everything" by Michael Buble is my favorite. There aren't many songs that make me quiver and shriek (much to the amusement of Joanna) everytime I hear them, but WOW! that song is exciting. ("Hey Ya" by Outkast does too, for some odd. Go figure.) That man is aptly named. "Buble" That's just what happens in my soul when I hear him sing. It "Buble-s." (not "bubbles," "Buble-s"--and don't forget the capital "B"). "Sway" makes me want to don a red sequined dress with a form-fitting skirt--slit to my knee on one side, long sleeves, thick red lipstick, fake eyelashes, and a large white flower in my hair. Mmmmm. . . and black stillettos. And of course I'm being twirled and dipped by my handsome husband--wearing an open white dress shirt and a black fedora too low over his eyes. . . and suspenders. Suspenders are hot. Can you see it? I want to go dancing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry I am not there to go dancing with you...I get the vibe that you are in the mood! at least you have joanna to entertain. hehe\
oh and affairs are bad Ali! Didn't anyone ever tell you that....Especially Love affairs.

Anonymous said...

"Everything" is a wonderful song.

Good luck with the red dress!

Anonymous said...

OH nice you put the music up on your blog i didn't even realize you could do that. cool

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to go dancing with you dear! We may have to wait a few years before I can pick up the tab for that red dress though, unless they sell them at Big Lots. Isn't it wonderful to have things to look forward to. Keep dreaming honey, I love you!
-Hubs

Anonymous said...

Goodness Becky! Affairs can be good things. For example... I hope I settle my affairs before I die. I went in to see the president of student affairs. I don't know much about the affairs of the state. The word is just tainted when used like "He had an affair with his mistress." No, I do not consider myself unfaithful to my husband over jazz--at least not most of the time... lol.