Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Primitive Digi Scrapping

These are a few of my firsts. (I thought I'd put them up before the nice ones so my more recent ones look really impressive. . . lol).

There is either little or no attempt at making 3D effects. Everything focuses on the layout with very few embellishments. I was also still making my own backgrounds (I had not yet discovered the shabby princess or epson dot com). These pages took me up to an hour each. (I was still learning a LOT, and I usually take a long time with my paper scrapping, too).
This plaid took FOREVER. I didn't know about the aviary yet (I'll talk about that later). This is actually one of my later firsts (the pictures came up backwards, so read them backwards if you want the full effect ;D). There are a lot of tricks in this one: shadow, embossing, cut outs, ribbon (or rather my first attempt at ribbon--it gets better), vellum. . .

One thing I did use right away (becasue I already had been editing photos) was the option to enhance the coloring of the photos--see how rich the colors are? These Christmas pictures were actually really dark and wouldn't have been worth printing if I'd been paper scrapping.

All of these pictures were in drastically different lighting, so I gave them all a pink tint so they would match better. I like how it turned out. And is that a little shadow around the letters I see? Hmmm. . . I must be getting better at the 3D stuff already. . . lol.
Yes, I made all of those stripes. I actually made this one more as a template for the boy (Eenie) that I was expecting at the time. No, I never put a picture of him in the template. Go figure.

I was naughty. I lifted this from a design contest online. That is why there are actual embellishments. It was very fuzzy, so I had to replace everything (except the embellishments, of course). There are lots of places online to get ideas, though.
You can still make some neat things without knowing much about special features.

Not a single shadow. I still like it.


4 comments:

Blatter said...

This looks really intense. I am hoping it is easier than it looks! Can I stop by sometime and see them printed? You are amazing at this!

Alice said...

In the beginning I was really slow. I didn't have anybody to show me what I was doing, and so I just experimented with things--that's what made it intense. It doesn't take me NEARLY as long anymore. And I have a lot of neat embellishments now, too. ALL of them were free online!

I'll have to find the printed ones. . . I didn't print out everything, and I never made a book. . . so they could be anywhere. When I find them, I'll invite you over.

Rachel Avie said...

These look great! I am still so slow, and thus lose interest really fast. I haven't scrapped in a while, and I really need to get on it. Oh well.

Cicely said...

You have a talent.