Friday, January 23, 2009

Some Digi Invites--still mostly primitive

The very first thing I EVER made digi-wise was our wedding invitation. I started mostly with invitations, actually. Then when I discovered epson(dot)com, they got a little more interesting. I still didn't realize that there were so many sites out there with even cooler freebie papers and embellishments, so these still aren't my best work--the shading could definitely improve--but I like them--especially the ones with my hot hubby in them. (These ones are in sequential order from what I made first to last).

This took me forever, because we both had sunburn really bad (you can still tell on my arm), this was our best photo (we actually busted out the tripod for this one--none of that cheap hanging from trees stuff), and Robert was across the Atlantic, so I couldn't get another one. I learned how to take the red out of people's complexions, though--a very helpful skill. It also took me awhile going back and forth from the printers, because the green on the side wasn't right the first few times. Printer's ink does NOT exactly match your computer screen, so if you need to match embellishments, or envelopes, or something, make a couple of examples to take to the printers, or just focus on something that won't clash instead of something that will match.
Maybe not the most impressive invite,
but I like it because I learned how to make the words triple-toned :D.
Yes, I know I spelled Marriott wrong. . .
but I put shading under the pictures. . . so I pretty much rock. I wasn't sure of all of the information for Nana's 2nd B-day,
so I wrote that on later with a marker.
Obviously, I've discovered epson at this point. . .
just not the value of shading everything.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I love all your digital scrapbooking pages - you're so talented. I used to make mine on Heritage Makers (a site that you subscribe to each month to use their templates, embelishments, papers, etc). Now I just do it on photoshop - but I'm WAY simple - wish I could learn how to make cute ones like you!

And cute pictures of the kids on the layouts - I love the one of Enoch looking out of the tent - what a cute, happy boy!