Saturday, January 31, 2009

Robert's Prize Catch


We desperately needed to get out of the house one day, so Robert took us for a drive. We went to the state park, not knowing what we would do once we got there. Anyways, as we drove, we saw that there were a lot of icefishing huts on the bay. . . so of course we had to get out to see them. The bay is really neat when it's frozen over--one gigantic, mostly flat playing feild--some people were even flying kites (of course we found out later that the ice was only 8 inches thick. . . that kind of freaked me out, especially since I was wearing a ton of clothes, as well as carrying a freezing cold Nana and another, un-named child. I might have felt better if I were wearing snowshoes to distribute the weight). We took these two lovely specimens with us (but shhhhhh. . . we didn't have a permit for them).

4 comments:

Paul said...

I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!!!!!

Meagan said...

Thanks for the invite! Love you pages, I really need to learn how to do that someday...

Havalah Turner | Sisters, What! said...

haha love this

Charlynn said...

LOL! I love it. Though I think his most prize catch is you.