Friday, February 20, 2009

6 Things Tag

I can't resist a good game of tag. It makes me think of gradeschool a little. Thanks, Cicely.

1- Post the rules on your blog.
2- List 6 random things about yourself.
3- Tag 6 people at the end of your post.
4- Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Six random things:

1. When I was in gradeschool I used to spend hours in the nurses office/bathroom trying to stop bloody noses (my own, of course). I would get them at least once a month. I had my nose cauterized like three times to "treat" them. It wasn't very effective. When they got really bad, my dad, also the principal/superintendent of schools (depending on what grade you're talking about), would come to my classroom, have me lie down on the floor and he would kick me really hard in my bare feet. It hurt. I know pretty much every remedy for bloody noses, and that one works the best--all your blood rushes down to your feet instead of out your nose. I prefer submerging my nose in water until it stops, though. Yeah. . . that's much nicer.

2. In kindergarten, the boys liked to tease all of the girls about how they were "kissy killers." I'm guessing that meant they thought girls just wanted to kiss them, so they should avoid girls at all costs (except to taunt them, of course). I got really tired of it, and one day I chased down a boy that was teasing me (his name is Scottie Montgomery) on the playground, somehow we ended up under a table in the classroom with all of the lights off (I think maybe I found him hiding there). I tackled him to the ground, and laid one on him (I don't remember if I got his lips or just his cheek). He told on me to the principal, but the principal was also my primary teacher, and she knew what was up, so I never got into trouble (and thankfully I never became the exclusive "kissy killer" on the playground--that would've been awful). My next kiss was over the alter in the Manti temple, and it was MUCH more awkward. For example, all of the lights were on ;D

3. We used to have church in my family's dining room--it was a little disruptive when my dog got loose, and the missionaries (when we finally got them) had to sit on the stairs so the little kids wouldn't go into our bedrooms. For a very long time, I was the only person (besides the branch president) with an official calling (I was chorister), and I even had that calling a few months before the branch president was called! Things functioned a little differently in Stanley. I'll have to post more about this later. I don't think you'd believe everything that went on with that branch. . . it was quite the comical experience.

4. I am super scared of hanging people--like to the point where I wonder if I saw something when I was really little that I'm mentally suppressing. There's a towel hanging over my bedroom door, and I will have to remove it before I am able to sleep. I don't like to walk under trees--especially at night--because I'm afraid I'll be walking under a. . . I can't even bring myself to type it. (*Shudder). I'm going to have nightmares tonight.

5. I've been to four different high schools. The hornets (technically I wasn't in the HS then, but all of the grades were in the same building), the panthers, the orioles, and the warriors. None of them had the same colors. And none of them included the color purple (quite the disappointment). All of them were contained in one or two buildings except the warriors--my favorite school ever!

6. When I was 16, My parent's had a cafe. We worked hard to clean it up and remodel it (the previous owner used it to store his many possessions, and it was pretty filthy). There was a 50's theme. The waitresses wore poodle skirts, and there were pictures of cars on the walls, a juke box and a black and white tiled floor with a red barstool--oh, and a BEAUTIFUL stainless steel soda fountain. We worked in it (all day long). Becky was a waitress, so she would get tips (sometimes 50$ a day), and she was allowed to keep them. I was the cook. No tips--even though I would have to pour a coffee and clear a table pretty often. I complained enough that my dad started paying me 10$ a week. I don't think we could've afforded that, though. I wish I hadn't complained. I didn't really need to buy anything. So much drama in that place!

I tag some family with six letters in their name--Robert, Beckah, Rodney (:D=Dad), Rachel, Machel, and Cheryl

3 comments:

Carolee said...

That was fun! I always like knowing random things about people:)

Emily said...

I really enjoyed reading that!

Brittney said...

Those were truly random things - I can't believe the kicking your bare feet thing! Sounds terrible.