Friday, February 6, 2009

Does anybody here know my old friend, John?

Can you tell me where's he's gone?
He freed a lot of people, but the good die young.
Abraham, Jacob aaAand John.

(This is a song my mom always used to sing [probably still does] that is stuck in my head today driving me nuts! I'm pretty sure the words are wrong, but that usually happens when mom sings :D)

(I think I started singing it when I was pining for my driver's license, wedding ring, and cell phone. . . ugh--where could they have gone!)

Dirty chairs and dirty tables. . .
there is food across the floor.

(That's supposed to be from Les Meserables.)

(Shoot! now that ones stuck in my head.)

Does anybody else's mothers do this to them?

3 comments:

Katherine said...

It's actually Abraham, Martin, and John.

My mom sang "Country roads, take me home, to the place, where I belong, West Virginia, mountain mama, take me home, country roads"

Unknown said...

mom says....

She walk's by and I fall to pieces...

I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again...

I'm going back to England to see a friend of mine...

Jerusalem, Jerusalem lift up your voice and sing...

Becky says you know what the best part of it is...that is all she sings of them she doesn't sing the whole song!

Alice said...

OK, like Lincoln, Luther, and Kennedy? I get it.