Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Lovin' the Weather

We should have luaus more often. . . the weather keeps getting warmer after Eenie's party. I guess it won't be as great tomorrow, but today was nice. We took the cat outside and did some yard work--it's nice to see that we didn't dig up all of the onions in our front garden, because some of them are starting to poke up (actually, I think they're crocuses, but it took me a few days after we tried to get rid of them to figure that out. . . guess I'm not exactly a "Gardner" [*chuckle, chuckle]). Too bad there aren't as many as there used to be. Oh well.

Nana had fun chasing the cat and picking up the yard litter. I'm so excited to garden. Too bad I don't really know anything about it. I'm also apprehensive because of all of the wildlife and my baby doctor's warning about fiddling around in the dirt being as dangerous as kitty litter. Yuck. I still want to grow some vegetables, though. Maybe King George will leave our zucchini alone (like if the poison finally worked).

Eenie went to the doctor today. He was miserable. He cried the whole time, peed a whole bunch (on me), and even got Nana to worry about him after he got his shots. (I hope she isn't traumatized for when she'll need shots again.) The receptionist felt so bad for us that she gave us all suckers, stickers, and me a bottle of lotion. (I realize that clinics get a lot of free stuff that they are always trying to get rid of, but it was still really nice.) I like our doctor--even though the office often smells like cigars. Speaking of smells, something really freaky is leaking out of my son's diaper--gotta go.

2 comments:

Havalah Turner | Sisters, What! said...

i'll help you garden. I LOVE gardening.

jolyne77 said...

Where do you take your kids?