Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hosanna!

I don't know what I did right, but things are working out so much better than I thought they were. God is obviously happy with me for something ;D. I FOUND MY WEDDING RING LAST NIGHT! I was sure that one of the kids knocked it off the counter and into the garbage.

ENOCH'S BIRTHDAY PARTY WAS A SUCCESS! I was a little worried that I wouldn't get everything done (and technically, I meant to scrub the bathroom and empty the diaper pail, but that didn't happen), but Robert helped me to do it all (too bad nobody really got to see his awesome volcano cake--I almost had him go out and buy a cake, but I was able to make a German chocolate bundt cake from scratch, and he filled it with chocolate cool whip and cherries. It was really good. He even was able to find grenadine for our imitation mai tai's! I wonder if we could have found it so easily in Utah. . . We never were able to find all of our luau decorations, though, and we forgot to use the mini umbrellas in the drinks. Oh well. It looked like everyone had a lot of fun, and people were really generous. (I was also a little worried that we invited too many people to an indoor kids' party, but now I wish we could have had more of our friends come).

I'M GOING TO BE READY FOR CHURCH TODAY. (Unless I just jinxed myself?) This is amazing in and of itself. I'm often on time, and even early since church starts so late in the day, but today Robert had to go to Cory's ward conference (he left at 7am), and I'm on my own with the kids until maybe the third block at church. I also had a ton to prepare for primary today. We have a teacher training meeting--and I need to give a "lesson," we need to have invitations for next week's activity, I need to update the bulletin, We're presenting CTR rings. . . and I'm probably forgetting a trillion other things. . . but I think it's going to work. (Sacrament without Robert. . . that's another story. . . )

2 comments:

Brittney said...

So glad things were going well for you today!! I would be so upset to lose my wedding ring too. Glad you found it!

Alice said...

They just kept getting better, too--my good friend sat next to me in sacrament and took care of my kids more than I did :D. I bombed the ring presentation--completely forgetting the story I was going to tell, but ONE thing can go bad on a day like that, right?