Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Oh My Goodness

I feel like such a spazz today. (I'm pretty sure spazz is a word, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now). Enoch has started to become a lot more independent in the last month, and I just haven't adjusted to giving him as much attention as he needs to stay out of trouble. It's even worse when we aren't at home. He likes to explore more than I remember Nana did.

Last night we had a good FHE. Robert played on the floor with the kids and we read the Ensign article "The Functional Family." If you haven't read it yet, it's really good. It wasn't the most age-appropriate for the children, but it was nice for us parents :D--it helps the kids out in the end, right? Next time we'll make something the kids can color or something. It's so fun when you know they understand a gospel principle. Enoch knows who Jesus is--he points to his pictures, and Nana knows about the temple and so many other things. It makes me happy :D.

I am so happy with Nana's nursery teachers. She loves nursery soooo much. She learns a lot, too. Often she comes home from nursery with a mini book that she's colored, and she'll tell me about the pictures. She's already learning so much about the gospel and she's not quite three! I love it. Thank you nursery leaders! You guys rock! I can't wait until Enoch gets to go, too. He already loves to color. . . of course, I'm hoping in six months he'll stop putting the crayons in his mouth too :D.

Today I'm doing Independent Study. Blecch. I'm learning about usage. (Basically usage is what people think of as grammar--what is "appropriate" to say in certain situations--like whether you should end a sentence in a preposition or not. Grammar is more the study of what people say and write without passing a judgement on whether it is appropriate or not). It's interesting, but I'm trying really hard to not do it ;D. Guess I'll get on the ball now. . . TTYL

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hey Josh took usage for an editing minor he decided not to finish. It is fun to be able to ask him what is correct. I bet it is extremely boring, but it may just fascinate a family member.