Friday, February 20, 2009

Hurray for Insomnia

Last night Robert and I had a bad case of insomnia--Him because he had school issues on the brain, me because I kept having to get up to use the bathroom. Anyway, both of us were up from about 4:30 to 6am. I would usually be annoyed, but it was AWESOME! I never get time to talk to Robert anymore (I'm always trying to get him to sit by me and just talk, but he jumps at every little sound the kids make--he's an extremely attentive father), but I had him all to myself last night. It was great to just be goofy again. We talked about some important things, too--like how it's probably best to just ignore people trying to get into a debate about why their views are moral and open-minded, and people that disagree with them are not. Other than that. . . I think I drew a tattoo on his arm (it says I 'heart' ALICE), doodled some storm troopers/jedi knights/Darth Vader (Darth is pretty hard to draw, and all of my storm troopers had the helmet of Bobo Phat [is that how you say his name?], but whatever), then we had some fun with the words "junk", "garbage", and the phrase, "You can't trash talk a garbageman's daughter," which, apparently, is something I told him during my Dad's stint with waste management. I don't remember saying it at all. I hope we both get insomnia again tonight. Maybe Robert will come up with another hilarious saying that he thinks I said ;D. Lo0O0ove you, Honey.

BTW, does anyone know the name of the girl in the song "Hey ___ ___, You're a fine girl (such a fine girl), what a good wife you would be--but my life, my love, my lady, is the sea. Dododo dodo dodododo." Robert thought it was "Brandy," is that right? Speaking of Dodo. . . Enoch stinks really bad. Bye.

2 comments:

MandBfamerly said...

your are so funny ali. I must say, I love those kind of nights with Bri, There is nothing better then getting caught up on nothing but a good laugh and some random deep conversation.
BLW I miss you guys!

Louise said...

I thought it was Brandy too. I think my favorite time of the day is just before bed when Bill and I are lying down in bed and we just talk. We both give our full attention and there is nothing to distract us. It's great.