Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What Would You Do?

Your toddling son runs out of the bathroom at the sound of your voice--hair and shirt-front dripping. . . oh, and you're on the phone. When you walk into the bathroom, there is a pool of water around the toilet.

Do you:
A). Quickly run sceaming and weeping in the other direction after securely closing the bathroom door (for the seventh time that day!--Big sisters! Especially ones that can open doors!)
B). Go back to bed.
C). Call the police department to let them know you are an unfit mother, and then go back to bed.
D). Give the boy a bath and then leave him in the tub while you go vent on your blog.
E). You are actually an amazing parent that would have drained the toilet and locked the bathroom door BEFORE any bad thing could happen--besides, your children never leave your sight.

Okay, okay, I choose D (but to be fair, Nana's with him and there's no more water in the tub--just toys).

Alright. . . I think I'm ready to go back. . . and pick up all of the pearls that Nana just broke off of my necklace before Eenie tries to restrict his air passages yet again.

5 comments:

Julie said...

I find the bathtub to actually be a very good babysitter. As long as I can hear two little voices laughing and playing then things are good. We let the kids wear their swimming suits sometimes too. And my sister just told me about bath crayons. I can't wait to get some!!!

Of course Sammy is a year older than Enie... I am not sure I would dare leave him. Probably a good thing you drained the water. Those cursed toilets! Why do kids like them so much?

Alice said...

Yes. . . and then HATE them when it's time to potty train. . . very odd.

MandBfamerly said...

sounds like a normal BOY ! Taylon use to do the same things.I also would pick C J/K. I thought that was just to funny.

jolyne77 said...

Again..I don't think I'd be fit to have a boy.

I love how you can find humor in things though AliMae...

Hey...are you coming tonight?? Julie and I are carpooling...wanna jump in?

Brittney said...

I think the toilet thing is pretty normal! Count your blessings that Joanna is not potty training yet and Enoch didn't put his face in some pee! My sister-in-law just had her little girl dressed in a white church dress jump into her big brother's pee in the toilet and move all the pee soaked toilet paper into the bathtub. So, clearly you're a much better mother. ;)