Friday, February 27, 2009

Does the Madness Ever Stop?!

(*Exhasperation)

I just had a great day with Joanna and Enoch. Enoch took a long nap, and didn't climb onto nearly as many things as he usually does. Joanna and I played all morning. We cut shapes out of playdough, made thank-you cards for Enoch's party (finally), swung in the hammock in the basement, and a bunch of other stuff. She ate most of her lunch and all of her breakfast. She was polite and helped play with Enoch. She even accepted "no" from me when she asked for candy. . . I thought since I gave her so much attention today, we would have a great day. Hmmmmm. . .

Joanna just spilled an entire (as in I only washed Eenie once, otherwise it was full) bottle of baby shampoo all over the tub and the bathroom floor, which I have yet to clean up. I'm really upset, and Robert will come home and be upset. She did it while I was dressing Enoch after his bath, so I didn't get the shampoo out of her reach. If it weren't for the resale value of our home, I'd be seriously considering gutting the bathrooms and fixing a hose over the drain in the basement for all of our sanitary needs! I wouldn't even have to potty train Nana--just stick her naked in the basement every hour or so until she figured it out. It's times like these that I really wish ___________________________. Well, there's a couple of things I wish, actually. My biggest one might be. . . I wish Robert were here.

2 comments:

MandBfamerly said...

I am so sorry Alice. I hope things get better. It's always hard when you are ALWAYS out numbered.

Brittney said...

That's not fun. Sorry you were so frustrated. Just try to take a trip to the future and imagine yourself laughing about it later? Ok.. really I'm not a mom so I don't know that would work.